Thursday, March 9, 2017

Wish -To Be

Hello there, 
This morning, I started thinking what are the different emotions and tenses(time period) a 'Wish' is associated with as I was writing up for a word challenge in my other blog. Its funny and amusing at the same time how our thoughts flow in out of no where just from a word and this is exactly why I love the picture/word challenges. In short it is 'food for thought'.
On thinking about what anyone would wish for , I could broadly classify them into positive and negative wishes which again is sub classified into three categories.
GM
  1. Living in the past : This is where we all mostly wish for something or someone associating to an event that happened in the past. ex : ' I wish I did..' , 'I wish he was ....' , 'I wish my team won..' etc. It is mostly  associated with regret , desire, missing out and so on.
  2. Living in the future : This category consists of wishes like 'All the best', 'Wish you succeed..' 'Wish to  do well' etc. which is associated with expectations , hope, looking forward to and so on.
  3. Living in the present :  I just realized this is my favorite category of wishes like ' A very good morning!', ' Happy Birthday ', 'Congratulations' etc. I could not associate these with the past or the future. Could not associate these with anything else but Happiness and being content.  Through a simple good morning wish we don't only live that very moment, but share and make someone else's day too.
From ages, philosophers have been preaching and guiding all of us to live in the moment. Living in the moment devoid us from a lot of stressful feelings like regret, expectation etc. Best is TO BE. To simply be present to enjoy life. The word 'Wish' got me into thinking how important it is to let go, not to expect but just experience life right now. In this very moment.
I could associate the picture above to 'Good Morning !'  which has made to top in my list of wishes :)
-Bash

No comments:

Post a Comment